HPE Integrates Primera With Synergy & Composable Rack
Today Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) announced that is combining its artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning-driven HPE Primera storage platform with the composability in HPE Synergy and HPE Composable Rack. This integration is all around helping its customers propel their businesses forward by helping them rapidly develop applications and innovations. According to HPE, this unique combination allows customers to deliver services on an intelligent cloud platform, offering the flexibility to support any application and service level agreement (SLA) with cloud-like agility, extreme resiliency, and seamless scalability.
Everything is accelerating, or at least gives the outward appearance of doing so. And to this end customers want faster results and applications. Enterprises need to accelerate their innovation and data insights to keep up with customer demands. In order to give users what they need, enterprises have to leverage every and all tools in their toolbox: bare-metal, virtualization, containers, cloud-stacks, SDS, AI, and ML. Organizations are moving from a software-defined data center to an autonomous one, and need to apply all of the insights they have gathered over the years in order to meet the emerging needs.
For about the last four and a half years, HPE has been working on its composable infrastructure. According to the company, composable infrastructure should be built on fluid pools of compute, storage and fast flexible fabric, disaggregated so they can be quickly composed, decomposed back into the pool and then re-composed in a software template to fit the specific needs of an application or workload that will run on it. From the composable side of things, HPE has released its bladed, modular architecture in HPE Synergy as well as its HPE Composable Rack. The company is now integrating these technologies with its advanced AI platform Primera.
Customer benefits include:
- Agility and faster time-to-market
- Develop and deploy applications faster with infrastructure as code to automate and streamline resource management, including reduced time to deploy for Oracle databases by 89 percent.
- Eliminate disruptions and wasted time reacting to problems with the AI-driven full-stack intelligence.
- Enable self-sufficiency and eliminate lag time with provisioning requests.
- Extreme resiliency
- Through cloud-based machine learning and AI, HPE InfoSight in HPE ProLiant servers, HPE Synergy, and HPE Primera storage, predicts and prevents problems before they occur.
- Mission-critical reliability is built into HPE Primera, which is architected for high availability with its multi-node design, transparent business continuity with HPE Peer Persistence, and data replication— backed by the HPE Primera 100 percent data availability guarantee.
- HPE further protects systems against service disruption and risk, with its silicon root of trust that prevents system boots with compromised firmware; and Cyber Catalyst designation that provides enhanced terms and conditions on cyber insurance policies.
- Seamless dynamic scaling
- HPE composable offerings allow organizations to compose disaggregated resources on demand and non-disruptively.
- The seamless auto-discover and -configuration capabilities enable incremental scale and integration of resources.
- The instant visibility into how resources are consumed by applications improves insights for capacity planning.
HPE also announced that, along with HPE Synergy, HPE Composable Rack now supports VMware Cloud Foundation (VCF) for hybrid cloud deployments.
HPE Synergy and HPE Composable Rack integration with HPE Primera; and support for VMware Cloud Foundation on HPE Composable Rack will be available in November.